Today's Research is Tomorrow's Medicine
Suncoast Neuroscience Associates is a dedicated research center affiliated with Central Neurology, a 6-provider neurology practice. The research center is owned, managed, and staffed by board certified physicians and certified clinical research professionals, all with many years of research and health care experience.
We work with pharmaceutical companies to conduct clinical trials. Clinical trials are studies involving human volunteers with the purpose of determining whether new medications and treatments are safe and effective. Participation is at no cost to you and is completely voluntary.
All of our studies are regulated by the federal government and reviewed by ethics committees in order to ensure that the research is conducted within a well-defined set of rules and regulations.
Clinical research is a necessary part of the process to bring new medications to market. Practically all of the drugs we use every day are available to us because of research and the people who have volunteered to participate in studies.
As a study participant:
- You are seen by board-certified physicians
- All your assessments are covered by the pharmaceutical company
- You will often have access to tests that are not standard of care
- Transportation can be provided to you
- You do not have to have insurance
- You may be compensated for your time and/or travel
- You never incur out of pocket expenses
- You may leave the study at any time for any reason